History of TBC
Under the leadership of Dr. Carl Garnett, Trinity Baptist Church was founded on April 12, 1992. The church first met at Betty's Cafeteria and then moved to the theatre building in Bainbridge. After holding services there for a while, the church acquired some property on which we built a sanctuary and fellowship hall. Later on, when WalMart purchased that property from the church, TBC acquired a 50 acre parcel of land to which we relocated the sanctuary and fellowship hall. Since moving to this new location at 1865 Tallahassee Hwy, we've also been able to add on a wing of offices and classrooms, as well as an elegant foyer and a building that houses our Bible Seed Ministry.
In 2003 our people met together for a special Sunday Evening service. That evening, those present had a special time of prayer and earnestly asked God to bless Trinity Baptist Church and make her a lighthouse throughout their community and around the world. In following with the example of the children of Israel when they entered the Promised Land, each person in that special service signed a stone. These stones are displayed in our foyer as a memorial to generations to come of Trinity's rich Biblical heritage.
Trinity has been tremendously blessed over the years. After nearly 20 years as Pastor at Trinity Baptist Church, Dr. Carl Garnett and his wife Helen retired in December 2011. Their dedication to Trinity Baptist Church and the Bainbridge community has had a powerful impact on many.
In January 2012, Brett Ellinburg became Pastor at Trinity. He and his wife Catherine are natives of South Georgia, and along with the church, are excited about the great things God is doing at Trinity Baptist Church.
Carl & Helen Garnett
Articles of Faith
1. We believe the whole Bible (KJV) from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21,
as the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God.
2. We believe that Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the
Son of God, and God the Son.
3. We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, the
just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God.
4. We believe that Christ rose from the grave the third day according to
5. We believe that He, only, is our great High Priest, and we need no other
to intercede for us.
6. We believe that Christ will come again in Person, bodily, visibly, to
establish His Kingdom on earth.
7. We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again...."Ye
must be born again." John 3:3
8. We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by
the act of baptism, (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord's death,
burial and resurrection.
9. We believe that Christ keeps those who are truly born again (II Timothy
1:12, John 10:28).
10. We believe that all Christians are called unto a life of separation from
worldly and sinful practices, and to a life of usefulness for Christ. (II
Conthians 6:17, II Peter 1:2-9)
11. We believe that a local church is a body of baptized believers whose only
mission is, not to "reform the world," but to preach and teach the Gospel of
Salvation to the individual soul.
12. We believe that at Christ's coming in the air, the bodies of the dead in
Christ shall be raised incorruptible and reunited with soul and spirit; the
bodies of Christians who are alive shall be changed and glorified , and
without dying, shall be caught up to be with the Lord (I Thessalonians
4:13-17, 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). The saved will then appear before the
Judgment Seat ofChrist to be rewarded for their deeds (II Corinthians
5:10, I Corinthians 3:11-15). After these things, Christ will return bodily
and visibly to the earth, with His Saints, and shall rule the world in
righteousness for a thousand years at the end of which, the unsaved dead
will be resurrected and their judgment and condemnation shall take place
(Matthew 24:30-31, Revelation 19:11-16, Revelation 20:5-6, 11, 15).